Introducing Going on Safari with Laurie Kent Designs
Come join Costa and Diana for a two-day workshop featuring an exclusive project from Laurie of Laurie Kent Designs. This wall hanging combines original fabrics and embroidery with traditional piecing. On day one Costa will take you through embroidering the animals in the hoop. He is our Janome National Educator with over fifteen years of experience as an embroiderer.
On day two Diana will show you how to put the final project together using the Large Sauare Squared tool from Studio 180 Design. Diana is a Studio 180 Design Certified Instructor and will show you how easy it is to make your blocks come out to the perfect size. You will finish day two with a completed quilt top!
Don't wait to long to registar as seating will be limited
Date: July 23, 2001
Time: 12 Noon - 4 PM
Date: July 24, 2001
Time: 9 AM - 4 PM
Lunch:: Provided on Saturday
Where: St. Barbara Greek Orthodox Church
8306 NC Highway 751 Durham, NC
Instructors: Costa Constantinou and Diana Mann
Skill Level: Beginner
Requirements: Embroidery machine with at least an 8" X 8" hoop and a Sewing machine (Two Instructionals for this Exclusive Event)
Included in your $159.00 workshop fee are the following:
* Fabric kit with Laurie's original fabrics
* Thread kit with Glide thread curated by Laurie especially for this design
* A CD with Laurie's original embroidery designs, plus two bonus designs
* A PowerPoint pattern detailing how to make the project
* Large Square Squareed tools available to borrow during the workshop
* Lunch provided on Saturday
* A special trunk show featuring Laurie's designs, Costa's expert digitizing of her embroidery, and Diana's quilts featuring Studio 180 Design Tools
This workshop is exclusivve to Wish Upn A Quilt and space is limited. Register early for two days of embroidery, sewing and lots of fun!